New patient Information, Forms, Policies, and Resources: We welcome you as a new patient to our practice and look forward to making your registration experience convenient. As a new patient to SCCS, we request the following information which will help us to conduct a thorough evaluation:
- Please allot ample time for your initial appointment
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment to complete your registration
- On the day of consultation please bring the following if applicable:
- Completed – Medical History Form (All new patients)
- Prior biopsy reports, if applicable
- Completed – Registration Form
- Photo identification
- Insurance cards/documentation (If you are using a health plan for your visit)
Use the following link to download a copy of our office forms. To save time, please print and fill out these forms prior to your visit:
Practice Policies and Patient Portal Information
Please be sure to review our practice policies:
*Please note: The Patient Online Portal can only be accessed using Mozilla Firefox.
The portal address is: weisberg.ema.md
Please contact the office for your portal user name and password.
8am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
Appointments : Patients are seen by appointment only. Please contact our office at 561-775-6011 to make an appointment.
Changing or Canceling Appointments : We recognize your time is valuable and every effort will be made to accommodate your preferred appointment time. In order to ensure availability to our patients we require 24 hour notice if you need to cancel a regular appointment and 72 hour notice for surgery appointments.
Prescription Refills : Please call the office at 561-775-6011 for any prescription refills or questions regarding your prescription.
Postoperative Wound Care Instructions
Please download and review the instructions for proper care following appropriate treatments performed:
- Acetic Acid Soak
- Liquid Nitrogen
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Excision
- Open Wounds
- Post-biopsy and ED&C Wound Care
- Skingraft care
Useful Outside Resources:
American Academy of Dermatology American College of Mohs Surgery American Society of Dermatologic Surgery American Board of Dermatology
AAD: How to perform a skin self-exam
Insurance programs accepted Skin Cancer Care Specialists, LLC :
- Aetna- PPO, HMO, EPO, POS, Open Access, Medicare Advantage, Premier Care Network, Premier Care Network Plus
- AARP Medicare Complete PPO: Services are covered as out-of-network care
- Advantage Health Network – Tenet Employee Network
- Avmed – HMO and PPO
- BC/BS of Florida – All plans except –Blue Select & Blue Care/Health Options HMO
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield -Blue Card Out of State Plans
- Beech Street PPO
- Cigna – All plans except Local Plus
- Cigna- Connect EPO Florida
- Cigna-SureFit South Florida
- Coventry- HMO, PPO of Florida and National PPO Network – Except Carelink HMO
- Humana – All plans except Medicaid and HUMX.
- Humana Medicare PPO – Services are covered as out-of-network care
- Southeast Health Network – Jupiter Medical Center Employee Network
- Multiplan PPO
- Neighborhood Health Partnership HMO
- PHCS PPO
- Railroad Retiree Medicare Program
- Tricare South – Except HMO Programs
- United Healthcare – All Plans except Medicaid, Navigate Plus and Compass ACA Plans
- United Healthcare SYNC – Services are covered as out-of-network care
- Veterans Administration (VA PCC), with a referral from the local VA medical center
*If you are on an individual Affordable Care Act Plan please contact the office before your appointment to confirm if your services at SCCS would be covered*
· The patient is responsible to inform the office of any contact information changes.
· The patient or responsible party is to keep their account current- accordingly applicable copayments, co-insurance, and deductibles will be collected at the time of service.
· Returned checks will incur a $50 service charge. Checks will not be accepted from patients who have had returned checks, payment must be made by cash, money order, or credit card.
· Any unpaid balances older than 90 days may be subject to a 1.5% finance charge to be accrued each month if the balance is older than 90 days.
· If your account is forwarded on to a collections agency you will be responsible for any costs incurred in collections of said balance, which may include collection agency fees up to 35% of your outstanding balance, court costs and legal fees.
· If you have health insurance we will submit claims to plans SCCS provides for; however you are responsible for your account balance.
· If you change to a health plan SCCS does not provide for, you will be responsible for the services, and may submit a claim directly to your carrier.
· The patient is responsible to notify our office of any changes to their insurance policy so that we have current information on file. If the patient’s insurance coverage changes and we are not notified the patient/responsible party will assume responsibility for any unpaid services by the policy.
· Insurance verification is not a guarantee of benefits and is only an estimation of coverage based on the insurance information available to us from your insurance carrier at the time of verification.
· You are responsible for your deductible at the time of service.
· If you have an insurance carrier that requires an authorization it is your responsibility to make sure the referral is coordinated and received in our office before your procedure.
· You are responsible for any services which are not covered or denied due to: pre-existing limitations, considered cosmetic, or non-covered due to plan limitations.
Please discuss any financial arrangements or payment plans with the Office Manager we will be happy to assist in the management of your account. If you have any questions about the above information please do not hesitate to speak to the Office Manager.